COVID-19 Housing and Homelessness Provider Stakeholder Call 05/20/2020
Speakers on the 5/20/20 Call:
Linda Olsen, WSCADV: email@example.com
Arianna Cook-Thajudeen, National Housing Law Project: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hillary Coleman, SKCCH: email@example.com
Councilmember Tammy Morales, City of Seattle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tedd Kelleher, Dept. of Commerce: email@example.com
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE TODAY!
Send an email to thank your Congress members for sponsoring the Emergency Rental Assistance & Rental Market Stabilization Act! For those who did not sponsor, please ask them to sign on or publicly support the housing and homelessness provisions now included in the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions (HEROES) Act!
Sign NLIHC's Letter urging Congress to Include $100B in Emergency Rental Assistance in Next Coronavirus Relief Package.
*For Seattle residents*: send an email to your council members urging them to place a moratorium on homeless encampment removals! See below for a link to the legislation
Resources from the 5/20/20 Call
- National Housing Law Project FAQ on Eligibility for Federal Assistance Based on Immigration Status
- National Housing Law Project FAQ on Immigration Requirements for Other Housing and Homelessness Programs
- Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act (PRWORA) Fact Sheet
- DOJ Letter Regarding Immigrant Access to Housing and Services
- Link to Seattle's proposed ordinance to halt homeless encampment removals
- Need laptops for your staff? Access the Health Care Authority Laptop Loaner program for service providers
- Also, HIPAA-compliant Zoom licenses for service providers:
- Info on FEMA funds for shelters
- NLIHC Research on the need for rent relief:
- Again, the current eviction moratorium applies to removing people from being removed from public land. Complaints should be made to the Attorney General’s office both about sweeps and removals of people living in vehicles and RVs: