COVID-19 Housing and Homelessness Provider Stakeholder Call May 27
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE TODAY!
Once you've done that, sign this individual petition and share it with at least 10 people in your networks! Once you've signed the letters, use Twitter to call on the Governor (@GovInslee, @WAStateGov) to take action and help Washington residents stay housed, healthy, and safe! Just use the hashtags #WeNeedMoreTime and or #ExtendEvictionBan.
- Keep emailing members of congress and ask them to support Emergency Rental Assistance & Rental Market Stabilization Act: https://bit.ly/rentreliefnow
- Organizations and local elected officials can sign NLIHC’s letter: https://nlihc.secure.force.com/actions/CapturePetitionNew?actionId=AR00929
- The Housing Alliance is looking for people to send letters to the editor to your local newspaper. We have templates! Contact me (John Stovall) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As always, several resources were highlighted in the chat that are worth uplifting:
- Watch the NLIHC Talk with Dr. Ibram X. Kendi - Racial Equity During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic: https://bit.ly/3bYisC2
- For those who are joining the NLIHC weekly calls, Nancy Pelosi will be on next week – Monday 11:30 to 1 pacific time. https://nlihc.org/covid-19-working-groupcalls
- Information about Coronavirus Relief Funds for local governments via the Dept. of Commerce
- Local government appropriations of Coronavirus Relief Funds
- Draft of New State Shelter Program and Request for Feedback
- Third Door Coalition web page
- See attachment for Sara Rankin's slides!
- National Law Center on Poverty and Homelessness Report "Housing Not Handcuffs"
- Sacramento County Ordinance again homeless encampment removals
- NLCPH sample letter opposing sweeps
- See attached for Tristia Bauman's slides
- Fact sheet on Pandemic EBT from the Food Research and Action Center (shared by Building Changes)
- And a NYT article about Pandemic EBT
- PPE – The HCA has distributed some PPE to local Accountable Communities of Health and homeless services providers can request through their local ACH: https://wafp.net/resources/wa-accountable-communities-of-health
- Last week Kimberly Castle from the Health Care Authority announced that they have loaner laptops, and they still have some. For info on how to get them, click here: https://www.hca.wa.gov/billers-providers-partners/prior-authorization-claims-and-billing/request-laptop-telehealth-during